i7 920 load at 60c in water?

is this what i should be expecting on stock settings? not OC in my cpu?

this is the temp i get when i run intel burn test utilizing all my 8 threads whilst running MSI kombuster

WC spec:

EK Supreme HF Easy Mount CPU Waterblock
    Laing DDC1+ Ultra Pump 600 L/hr with XSPC V3 Acrylic Top
    EK Full Cover Waterblock for NVIDIA GTX480 Graphics Card : FC480 GTX Plexi
    EX 360 XSPC Radiator
    10x compressed fittings
    Battery water
    XSPC single drive bay reserviour
    some white 1/2 ID 3/4 OD tube
    3x Gentle typhoons 120mm 180rpm fans

PC specs:
    intel core i7 920 cpu
    6gb ddr ram
    480gtx nvidia card
    850w Corsair moduled PSU
    OCZ Vertex 2 120gb SSD drive
    P6T Delux Motherboad
    Lian li PCA710 case

My GPU loads max 51c

My Mood
    Busy
    Considering your running everything @ 100% (Stressing) & only got a 360 rad with one set of fans (rather than push/pull which would help your temps a little) taking all that heat from a 100% stressed CPU & GPU in one hit, is asking quite alot & your temps are pretty much what I would expect, depending how long you were stressing for mind? (although ambiant temps can also play apart here, depending on your location world wide)..

Also It's worth taking into account that, depending on what your going to be using your computer for IE: Gaming, General use or a bit of both or Video editing/ 3D work rendering e.t.c e.t.c, The chances are that your CPU will very rarely be used 100% on all cores at the same time (unless your folding of course) & that if your gaming mostly you'll be mostly stressing the GPU & not the CPU so much, So the chances of you using the CPU & GPU to their full capacity at the same time is pretty slim, In my experence that is ;)...

Have you tried things while just doing the things on your puter that you'd normally use it for & then see what temps you get?... You may find that the temps don't get quite so high (not so quickly anyway, again ambiant temp can play a role here)... Anyway, just my two-penneth worth :) & those temps your getting seem about right for your cooling gear you have installed, all depends how long the stress test was run for e.t.c..

N.
    "Man on the Streets Reviews" My Unbiased take on what Kit I can get my hands on so if your at a loose end & want a read this is the place to go ...

Thanks mate. i ran it for about 20mins on full load. i use my computer for browsing the net, doing photoshop, software coding and playing games. im based in the UK so ambient temp at home si amybe 22c give or take when the heaters on.

would adding a 120 rad in the loop make any difference in temps?

my cpu idles at around 36c-38c. my wife is using skype now on my pc as i speak, full screeen as well and cpu temps are only 41c. i will play BF3 and see what the temps are like. my gpu only hits 45c on bf3

Have you tried reseating the cpu block?

My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by jonneymendoza View Post
    Thanks mate. i ran it for about 20mins on full load. i use my computer for browsing the net, doing photoshop, software coding and playing games. im based in the UK so ambient temp at home si amybe 22c give or take when the heaters on.

would adding a 120 rad in the loop make any difference in temps?

my cpu idles at around 36c-38c. my wife is using skype now on my pc as i speak, full screeen as well and cpu temps are only 41c. i will play BF3 and see what the temps are like. my gpu only hits 45c on bf3
    Hiya Jonney, I thought you may have only ran the stress test for a short while, I normally do at least a couple of hours of stressing on CPU & GPU seperately (as I said above, very very slim chance (unless you fold) that your CPU & GPU will be running at full tilt both together & at the same time)), You will find that when you stress for stability the temps will creep up gradually the longer you stress, until it reaches it's peak & in my experience that requires at the very least an hour long stress run (preferably 2 hours, some peeps (me included) stress test for 12 or more hours) to determine whether your cooling will maintain the required cooling your looking for.

If your not going to OC, then you may well get away with what you have at pressent, that depends really on how long your running a gaming session for, but I think, from what you have told me that you'll just about be OK..

Another Rad will always help temps, the bigger the rad the more you can expect, also you could try going with push/pull fans (I did this for my 920 oc'ed & folding 24/7) on your current rad to begin with & see how your temps go, If that doesn't lower them enough for your needs (will only help to lower temps a little but maybe enough for your needs) then go with another Rad in the loop.

N.
    "Man on the Streets Reviews" My Unbiased take on what Kit I can get my hands on so if your at a loose end & want a read this is the place to go ...

cool thanks. i wil try and run a stress test before i go to bed

My Mood
    Fine
    what vcore are you running as that is a big player in cpu temp....
    also what thermal compound are you using...

Quote Originally Posted by URX View Post
    what vcore are you running as that is a big player in cpu temp....
    also what thermal compound are you using...

DPP_0004 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

and vcore is all default. well i hope SO! i have not overclocked the bck clock speed yet.

Thread Information